Saturday, March 10, 2012

Felt a little silly as I wanted to cry and smile at the same time wen i heard Rahul Dravid say " My approach to cricket has been reasonably simple: it was about giving everything to the team, it was about playing with dignity and it was about upholding the spirit of the game. I hope I have done some of that. I have failed at times, but I have never stopped trying. It is why I leave with sadness but also with pride."

It is the spirit of failing, that is so human and never stop trying that is so beyond-human, that makes him a perfect role
model.

Rahul Dravid...You are awesum:-)...Would miss watchng u play for sure...

1 comment:

  1. I clearly remember 1996 Lords test when he came at No. 7 and crafted a perfect innings, and was a feather away from debut ton when he was dismissed at 95. I was in class 6th and my father (who then was a perfect fan of Sachin like me) told me he has got cricketing brain, he will be there for along time, I did not agree with him and thought he was too slow (in terms of getting runs) for the game.
    Back then, I din't know that i would stand in front of my television set, clap, trying to hold my emotions when he would say that "I feel it's the time to move on".
    Every person who has a cricketing sense would know that No. 3 is a important and specialist position in test cricket.
    Rahul Dravid, you batting will be missed.

    ReplyDelete

Hey...Thanks for stopping by:)..
If you think differently, go right ahead & express yourself..you'll help me grow up in the process..
If you think alike, you can ofcourse talk too..you'll help me feel a little less alone in the crowd...
Whatever you might think, i would love to know your reaction!!!