Monday, September 13, 2010

It's a small world.

Life - I can't decide whether it's long or short, opinions flip flop on that one - but life is reasonably long to make us forget a large part of it, as it happens. We get over most of it easily.Some, of course, we like to hold on to. In tinted, hazed versions. In pictures, boxes and words. In stories we remember every time it rains, or cry to in the darkness of nights.(i guess atleast i'm such a person)
But since it is a small world, and as I said, life is reasonably long on an average day, sometimes we run into figments of our own life that we had forgotten, lost or gotten over. Bang, they're right there in front of us. Those people, those places. Those pictures, boxes or words. Stories we half-remember. They tend to take us down nostalgic lanes, mostly hopping over things we have held on to, and sometimes revealing forgotten milestones that surprise us -pleasantly or unpleasantly.
I do not know if this ever happened to any of you.
"Hey I knew this person... I spent a good year sharing all my secrets with her, crying over her shoulder and hiding behind her to avoid getting caught for my pranks. What happened? Why don't I remember why we got over each other?"
"Ah! I don't remember ever drawing these things. God, how silly was I. Why did I ever stop?"
"This place looks familiar, and still doesn't. I know I spent years jumping around these halls, but.."
"Aww..is that really me dancing around dressed like that!!!!"
Of course, you move on. Things lose relevance quickly. That's relatively speaking. At that moment, the pace of time is slow enough to make it feel like the entire universe. Things feel different when they happen to you, I guess. The funny part is, once time has passed, we get over them so quickly that it's easy to be distant and forgetful, even more than if it were to happen now to a stranger in front of us.
It's amusing how seriously we take life still!!

6 comments:

  1. The critical and complex irony of life has been put quite pensively and beautifully strewn..makes you wanna stop and think about the problems we face presently..in that manner its inspirational too(this too shall pass manner) hats off to the writer in you. Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i first time read a blog.........now realized i shld hve read ur prevs one too.........
    gd gr88

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the world is small. May be this makes it even more beautiful. And, the time which we spend at each moment, each juncture of joy, is always to return in some a due course in some different version...the world is small. same place, same setting, same roleplay is going to be there some time again with changed characters, only....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm...good work :)
    Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete

Hey...Thanks for stopping by:)..
If you think differently, go right ahead & express yourself..you'll help me grow up in the process..
If you think alike, you can ofcourse talk too..you'll help me feel a little less alone in the crowd...
Whatever you might think, i would love to know your reaction!!!